Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Opening Of The Eye

The following are taken from statuses and conversations on Facebook in the few days preceeding this post. This began from a reawakening of the ideas instilled in me at a young age by my sensei while I studied karate. This reawakening occurred through a convoluted process of inspiration drawn from a short-lived TV show I loved, and a belief in my martial arts training.

In the moment of being we are not really here. As we are not here, we are probability and not certainty. We are waves crashing on the shore. Waves require particles to transduce. Therefore, there is no contradictory duality. There is an existence of requirement. No light without dark, no pleasure without pain.

Simply because you choose to have plans for the future, and you have learned from the past, does not mean you live in either place. You will never reach the top of the stairs by saying you are going to do it. You will not walk up the stairs by looking at the door behind you. You must in the current moment, take each... sequence of steps, and rise to the occasion of living in the present.

Any effort at attempting to be spontaneous, is in truth, simply a spontaneous act of trying to be spontaneous - and therefore, all actions are spontaneous except those that are blocked by waivering in decisions. Reflective thought will not block action, unless it enters into a futile cycle unable of reaching conclusion. Do not be or not be. Live. Here. Now.

If I carry a flashlight out into the darkness of night, I will see the path before me. But if I carry a sword, I may trip and stumble and fall upon the blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment